- ABOUT US
- Metal Roof PV Mounts and Systems
- Flat Roof Solar Panel Mounting Systems Solutions
- Tile Roof Solar Mounting Systems Solutions
- Solar Tracking Solutions for Commercial PV Projects
- Ground Solar Mounting Systems Solutions
- Floating Solar Solutions - PV Systems
- PV Solar Carport Mounting Systems Solutions
- Balcony Solar Panel Mounting Systems Solutions
- Ground PV Systems
- Solar Panel Roof Mounting Systems
- Floating PV Systems
- Solar Carport Mounting Systems
- Solar Panel Tracking Systems
- Balcony Solar Mounting Systems
- COMPANY NEWS
- Contact Us
Because of its durability and long lifespan, corrugated steel has become a popular choice for commercial building owners. People have begun to incorporate corrugated steel into their residential homes as a roofing or siding material in recent years. Roofs can be used for multiple purposes, such as the installation of solar power systems. Metal roofs and solar panels are an excellent combination. Metal roofs last 40 to 70 years, which is longer than the life of your solar panel system.
In order to ensure a successful installation of rooftop solar, choosing the appropriate mounting system is crucial. Solar brackets are intended to support solar panels and allow them to be easily installed on a variety of roofing materials. We'll look at the benefits of using solar panel brackets on corrugated metal roofs in this blog post.
5 Excellent Advantages of Corrugated Metal Roofing
Corrugated steel roofing sheets are a popular choice for a wide range of businesses in a variety of industries. The following are a few advantages of corrugated roofing.
One of the most significant advantages of corrugated metal roofing is its longer lifespan when compared to other, more traditional roofing types. While standard asphalt shingle rooftops have an average lifespan of about 15 years and some basic types of metal roofing have an average lifespan of about 30 years, the shape of a corrugated metal roof makes it less prone to wear and corrosion, increasing its lifespan to an average of 50 years or so, making it one of the market's longest-lasting roof types.
Dent and Warp Resistance
This material is not only resistant to the elements, but it can also withstand the impact of objects thrown around during severe storms such as hurricanes or tornadoes. It's also four times less likely to warp or expand than vinyl siding or asphalt shingles.
Corrugated metal roofing is one of the most durable roof types, able to withstand dents and dings from falling objects due to its rippled shape and large surface area. Furthermore, as with any type of metal roof, corrugated roofing is non-combustible, providing your home with significant fire protection.
Prevents the Accumulation of Water
Because corrugated roofing sheets are smooth, water easily runs off of them. As a result, it must be installed in a slot so that the water runs downward and away from your building. However, it means that the roofing prevents water accumulation even in the most extreme weather conditions.
Corrugated roofing can also be insulated and coated with a reflective solution to prevent heat absorption. This will aid in maintaining a cool environment within the building. It will help you save money on keeping the building cold and cool all summer.
Advantages of Corrugated Metal Roofing Solar Brackets
Installing solar panels on a metal roof is made easier with the right solar mounting system, which can also help prevent roof damage. Railed racking systems are commonly used by solar installers on corrugated metal roofs because they require fewer roof penetrations while securely attaching photovoltaic (PV) panels to the roof. Choosing the best solar mounting system is especially important in hurricane-prone areas.
Corrugated metal roofing solar panel brackets offer several advantages, including:
● Durability: Corrugated metal is a durable and long-lasting material that can withstand extreme weather conditions such as high winds, heavy rain, and snow. This means that the brackets will remain stable and secure over time, ensuring the safety and stability of the solar panels.
● Easy Installation: Corrugated metal roofing solar panel brackets are easy to install and require minimal maintenance. This makes it an ideal solution for homeowners or businesses that want to install solar panels quickly and easily.
● Cost-effective: Corrugated metal roofing is a cost-effective roofing solution, and using it for solar panel brackets can help reduce the overall cost of solar installation.
● Energy efficiency: Corrugated metal roofing has excellent reflectivity, which can help reduce the amount of heat absorbed by the building. This means that the building will be more energy-efficient, leading to lower energy bills.
● Compatibility with different solar panel types: Corrugated metal roofing solar panel brackets are compatible with a wide range of solar panel types and sizes. This means that they can be used for different types of solar installations, making them a versatile solution for a variety of applications.
Can You Put Solar Panels on Corrugated Metal Roofs?
Solar panels can be installed on corrugated metal roofs, but the roof must be penetrated with screws and sealant to cover the holes. It is critical to use the proper sealant; otherwise, water will be able to seep through the penetration, resulting in leaks. Mibet offers complete corrugated metal roof solar mounting solutions. If requested, we will gladly create the structural design for our clients' projects; the documentation we provide includes both the structural analysis and the installation plan for all components.